Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Spring birthday!


My daughter Angie celebrated a birthday recently!
In years past we always went out to eat, but we decided that since we have this wonderful old home we should make some new memories here.


When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, she said buttercups, forsythia, tulips and pansies.
She and her husband have recently bought a new home and it is lacking all the plants that shout spring.
She received numerous bunches of buttercups, two flats of pansies, two flats of tulips, several hyacinths and two forsythia bushes.  Angie is making a birthday bed.  Each year when spring comes she will be reminded of this birthday.


Everybody gets two desserts.  I made Angie a birthday cake that is white cake inside and a chocolate ganache cake.


We had the party on our back porch.  It is a transition area between shop and house.
There is Plexiglas over the screen so that we can enjoy the porch even on cool days.
But as luck would have it, we had a beautiful day.


I used some of the plants I gave her to decorate the tables.  You could smell the daffodils all through the room.  It was wonderful and we had a perfect day!


We had chicken salad on croissants, potato soup, pasta salad, fruit salad, an assortment of sandwiches for those who didn't like chicken salad and a wonderful strawberry fruit drink.
My grandson Scottie and my granddaughter Chelsie are getting ready to dig in!


It was a wonderful party!!!!!


Strawberry fruit drink

7 cups white grape juice
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup of strawberry puree
4 cups sliced strawberries

Combine first three ingredients and chill.  Add fresh sliced strawberries one hour or so before serving.

There was a little white grape juice left from the half gallon that I had purchased. 
I made ice cubes from grape juice and additional strawberry puree.  I placed a strawberry half in each section.  I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of this.  It really made the drink.  So very pretty!


It's always fun to celebrate!  Happy birthday "Ruby Jean"!!!
(Her name is Angie Marisa, but for some reason I have nicknamed her Ruby Jean.  Why?  You got me.)


See you soon,
Tommye


Take time for family.  They are really what life is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment