Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Messages on stone


There was a gentleman in my shop one day.  After looking around for a while, he said, "You'll paint on anything that sits still won't you?"  I laughed and said, " Yes, I guess so."
So I guess today's post bears that out.


These are my hand painted stones.


I begin with smooth, clean stones. 


It doesn't matter what size or shape.  Then I give them a few coats of a clear spray paint.  This gives them a little shine and helps seal the stone so the paint is not absorbed so readily. 


I write the words first with a small liner brush.


Then, I add the leaves.


The petals and the center of the flowers.


I use enamel paint, because it stays on well.


Here they are, finished and ready to go home with someone as a reminder of their trip.



I almost forgot the most important thing.  On the back I write the words Beersheba Springs.



The stones can be a message.


A challenge


A wish


Or a promise for someone you love.


Beersheba Springs is a wonderful place.  My home and shop are located about one fourth mile from the United Methodist Assembly.  The assembly is housed in a former pre-civil war hotel.  The UMA at Beersheba Springs serves as a wonderful retreat for numerous churches and groups.  People say Beersheba Springs is so peaceful and special.  I think it is because there have been so many prayers lifted up on this mountain top.  I only want to add to everyone's experience by making Mountain Home a truly special place as well.



Hope you are having a wonderful day.

See you soon,
Tommye

A quote for today - " I tell you, if these were quiet the very stones would cry out."   Luke 19:40
 Jesus at his triumphal entry into Jerusalem

Praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment