Saturday, November 13, 2010

Christmas Village

Welcome to my Christmas Village!

I wanted to share a few of my Christmas houses with you.
These start as a brown cardboard paper mache houses.


Each house is given a couple of coats of white on the inside and a couple coats on the outside.


Garlands with ribbons for the doors and windows.



A wreath in each gable.


And textured snow on the roofs and around the base.
Sometimes I finish them off with a coat of glitter for the roof and of course you have to scatter some snow around.  It sounds so simple and I suppose it is, but they are very time consuming.
My husband says I am a very persistent woman.  I guess he would know! 

You can see one of my painted snowman mirrors in the background.  The mirror reads "Let it Snow".  I have several mirrors to paint this week.  I'll try to show them to you.

We have had a wonderful day in the shop.  I have seen so many old friends today.  Lots of my Saturday business comes from across the road at the United Methodist Assembly.  Church groups come for retreats, to be on the mountain and enjoy our little community.  Many I will not see again for another year.  We are already wishing folks a Merry Christmas! 

Hoping you have a wonderful rest of your weekend.
See you soon!
Tommye

1 comment:

  1. Tommye,
    My friend Wynde and I visited your shop on Saturday. I wish that I had paid more attention to your lovely Christmas houses because they are wonderful. We enjoyed our time with you and hope to see you again next time we are at Beersheba.

    ReplyDelete