Tuesday, November 16, 2010

White Wednesday

 


A lot can happen in 24 hours.
This was the mantle in our bedroom two days ago.
The fireplace is brick which had been closed in and covered with plaster many years ago.
Mom and Dad freshened it up and painted it white.
It was my husband's plan was to open it up and install gas logs.  I said, "Please, not before my open house."
So, I thought that was on hold.


I had originally planned to show you closeups of the mantle and my Christmas decorations.


But that was before I woke up Monday morning and discovered my husband had something different in mind.
One thing you can say about living with the dear love of my life, is that you never know what you will be doing next.  I had plans to paint and make some new Christmas wreaths.  (That hasn't happened yet.)


It seems that unbeknownst to me, sometime over the weekend, he decided we needed an electric fireplace in the bedroom.


So, Monday  morning, I suddenly find myself on the way to Lowe's to pick out a new fireplace!
Now, Lowe's is 30 minutes away, down the mountain.  And when you go to town you need to make your trip worth while.  So, late last night the fun begins.

It is beautiful.


I do love it.


But, what a surpise!


It seems that out of nowhere, I now have a new look for my bedroom.
It not only looks like a burning fireplace, but it puts out heat as well.
  

The mantle is still much the same, minus the stockings.  They will have to find another place.


 Here are a few pictures of the rest of the room.


My corsage from my daughter's wedding two years ago.


The Santa she and her husband made, my first wrapped gift of the season, and my son's rocking horse that my dad made.  My son is now 28.  My dad is gone.  We miss him so.  This will be our first Christmas without him.


A white crystal bird in the tree.


 and a silver star to light the way.


Our cat Marilyn  (AKA "the princess") wasn't too excited about all of the midnight renovation.  (It had to be assembled.  You know the routine, boxes, styrofoam, cardboard, plastic and just a mess in general.)


She decided she would much rather take a nap.  Come to think of it, I would love one too!


Happy White Wednesday!

See you soon,
Tommye

 Check back tomorrow for more previews of  art work and what I manage to do with the rest of my day! (LOL)  I will get something done!


No comments:

Post a Comment